Search the forum,

Discuss Do I start with a full tile in the corner in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

BillyM

-
Reaction score
I am about to tile a splashback having put the job off for a few months (much to my wife's annoyance)

As you walk into the kitchen, the first worktop starts, with the basic shape being an upside-down U shape with the wall directly in front of the door having the window.

I am using 200 x 100 tiles.

I want to start on the left side .. a straight wall into the corner.

Marking out, it would be 16 full tiles (and spaces) then 85mm to the end of the worktop.

Do I start with a full tile at the corner, or a full tile at the other end, ie near the door ?

Or do I work it out so there are cuts at both ends, 42mm

Alternatively, if I just start the tiling 85mm from the end .. would mean only full tiles .. or would this look stupid ?

Again the window side is near enough 20 full tiles and half a tile ... I assume I arrange it to have cuts equal in size at both ends.

I would like to give in now ... even before I start :)

Reply to Do I start with a full tile in the corner in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen