Search the forum,

Discuss Dijon Tumbled Limestone Flooring in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bowster

Hello everyone, just had my kitchen tiled with Dijon Tumbled Limestone, using Kerakoll Biogel white adhesive, on 50mm screed (dry), self levelled in places. My problem being is that nearly every tile has white streaks/ veining on it,(rough to the touch) making the floor unpleasant on the eye at the moment. The floor hasn't been sealed yet, and was laid approx 6 days ago. Is this the norm for this type of floor ? The tiles also look more yellowy than other Dijon I have viewed..any advice/ response would be greatly appreciated ....Thanks (uploading photos shortly)

B

Bowster

20180507_220744.jpg

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
maybe just a waiting game, she still looks wet- cuts on the photo- assume they were wet cut? they look more saturated.
moisture migrating through the softer areas of the stone from the adhesive ,cutting and cleaning off, this can highlight the white veining . this can also give the yellow appearance as it highlights possible natural iron oxide in the stone. should all dry back. mineral traces can reach the surface as this moisture migrates giving a slight textured feel to the face.
Was this a rapid setting adhesive or slow set?
don't seal it - wait for it to re-colour. 6 days is not that long for some stones.

Reply to Dijon Tumbled Limestone Flooring in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen