Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Diamond Training Group in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 1779

And to be honest mate I need the inside info from the customers of the sponsors more than I need the sponsors. So please do in future tell me anything you have an issue with regarding a sponsor as it could affect their sponsorship.

Aww my Gawddd - We better behave ourselves then !

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Aww my Gawddd - We better behave ourselves then !

We've never had a single guy email us with an issue regarding your products and / or services Richard mate. Only lots of emails and thread praising the products. :thumbsup: Keep up the good work. :)

D

Degzy

Hi guys, I've only just heard, I'm really sorry for all of you who are still there.

I did my six week course back in January and I've been waiting months for Danny to sort my NVQ out. The liquidation of the company explains why I haven't had one reply to my hundreds of emails! They've got all my photos on disc... Anyone know how I can get them back or how I can complete the assessment part of the NVQ, preferably without paying for it again?!

Good luck everyone :yes:

D

Deleted member 1779

You will probably have to write to the liquidators. Not sure if there is an address or name available for them?
One of the plus points (may be?) is that they (the owners) cleared the unit of anything significant on the Saturday prior to the Monday.
It could well be that you disc is part of that. Then its a matter of getting a messages somehow to the ex-owners to ask for the disc.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
The chances of you getting the disk back i would say will be nil and you will probably have to start again, its not that hard to get an NVQ anyway, just ring a college up and they should take it from there and explain what they need as evidence, testimonials, few photos etc from your customers, evidence from a training centre doesnt count as it is classed as simulation,

I was supprised when i read that diamond were opening 4 other centres around the country in these times, you just dont do that sort of thing all at once, i think it was just another con to get people to ring them and extract a deposit knowing that they would never see anything back.

Tough lesson to be learned here, be absolutly sure as you can be in a company before you part with your money

My friend went and paid £150 for a mirror once from a shop on a saturday, they said that it would be best to pick it up next day and they would have it all bubble wrapped and parcelled up, he went back next day and the shop had closed down.

Another scam im starting to here a lot now from some training centres that they are using time share tactics and home visits with powerfull salesman to sign you up for finance deals for 6- 8 week courses at £5k plus. Be carefull of these

Any course your thinking of going on these days make sure you google them for current feedback and reviews, there are unfortunatly unscrupulous people out there that will take your money and laugh behind your back

The good feedback that used to be on here from Diamond was from when Kenny used to have it, there wasnt a great deal from when Danny took it over, the last time i looked at a dimond feedback, it was a testimonial from about 8 months ago, he had very little current feedback. Feedback is only any good if it is current like the last 3 months, looking at feedbak from 2008 is OK but things change.

Danny was allways on here saying how they were great but he is a salesman and only pitching his business

I hope the lads that got caught up in this find alternative training and continue to persue there new career in tiling, Tip for you all, dont trust anyone, ive been in business 22 years and learned this lesson a long time ago

Regards
Darren

C

charliejamesuk

Hi All,

Does anyone know the name/details of the liquidators for Diamond yet? I've had a reply from my credit card company and they won’t take my application of a refund any further until I show them proof of communication with the liquidators :(

Cheers
Charlie

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Not that we know of Charlie. Can you point out to the CC company that the DTG website is now offline proving they're not trading?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent find Liz! Well done!

ThorntonRones Limited, 311 High Road, Loughton, Essex IG10 1AH

J

jim-meister

Hi people,

So how would i go about attempting to reclaim monies back via the administrator, i take it i dont need to attend the meeting person as this would put me even more out of pocket?

Kind regards,

Jimmy

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Jimmy, contact the administrators tomorrow and take it from there.

You'll be able to obtain a full list of creditors 2 days before the meeting date which I think is the 27th of December aint it? So don't know how that will fall and whether it's two working days before.

D

Deleted member 1779

You may have misread the document.

The meeting has already taken place:

===================================================
Date: 18 November 2010 Issue Number - 59608 Page number: 22255
Publication Date: Thursday, 18 November 2010

Notice Code: 2442
Meetings of Creditors
ESSEX TILING LIMITED
(Company Number 06364187)

Notice is hereby given, as required by Section 98(1) of the Insolvency Act 1986 (as amended), that a First Meeting of Creditors is to take place.

The Meeting will be held at 311 High Road, Loughton, Essex IG10 1AH on 29 November 2010 at 11.45 am.

A Statement of Affairs of the company, and a list of the Creditors of the Company and the estimated amount of their claims, will be presented at the Meeting, and, if thought fit, a Liquidator may be nominated and a Liquidation Committee appointed.
Resolutions may be taken at the Meeting specifying the terms on which the Liquidator is to be remunerated. The Meeting may also receive information about the costs of preparing the Statement of Affairs and convening the Meeting.
Richard Jeffrey Rones of ThorntonRones Limited is qualified to act as insolvency practitioner in relation to the above and will furnish creditors, free of charge, with such information concerning the company’s affairs as is reasonably required.
A list of the names and addresses of the Company’s Creditors will be available for inspection, free of charge, at ThorntonRones Limited, 311 High Road, Loughton, Essex IG10 1AH on the two business days prior to the Meeting between 10.00 am and 4.00 pm.
The Company’s registered office is Spectrum House 2B, Suttons Lane, Hornchurch, Essex RM12 6RJ and the Company’s principal trading address is Unit D8, Rudford Industrial Estate, Ford Road, Arundel BN18 0BD.
Further information about this case is available from the offices of ThorntonRones on 020 8418 9333.

Daniel Frederick George Evans Director

Dated 1 November 2010.

(1248512)

=====================================================================

I would still write to them. Also you could print off above as proof to your credit card company that your claim is true. That may be enough information to satisfy them.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yeah well spotted R!

Can you even add yourself as a creditor after that date?

D

Deleted member 1779

Not sure but I think from reading it they do say "First Meeting"

Notice is hereby given, as required by Section 98(1) of the Insolvency Act 1986 (as amended), that a First Meeting of Creditors is to take place.
So I assume that its one of many (otherwise they would have put "the" meeting ?? Not being an expert. My advise would be to do both things
1) Write to let them know you have an interest
2) Print it off and send it to your credit card company as proof. If they give you are refund they might take it up themselves with the liquidators.

As a factory we already got burned once when we supplied the original owner of Diamond Training with 20 x Kits of drills and never got paid. I was thinking of submitting the old invoice to the Liquidator but I think I will just walk away from the debt. Cut my losses.

Jim is better protected by consumer credit act, his credit card. We are not protected as a business because the CCA doesnt apply to us so we face a bigger battle. I would still be tempted (if I were Jimmy) to pursue both points above.

Also: Big Shout Out to Liz - Who spotted the publication. Well done GR. I also trawled the net but went in totally the wrong direction even forgetting they were Essex and I was looking under Diamond. You did good !

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Diamond Training Group in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks