Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Diamond Training Group in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

bickers

how will that work do i just let them know that diamond have gone bust and i used there card to pay for it?

C

Colour Republic

how will that work do i just let them know that diamond have gone bust and i used there card to pay for it?

hmmmm, not sure how that would work as technically it was a deposit for a service next year, so they do still have time to meet their obligations, or the receivers do on their behalf.

I would contact the card company and explain what you think has happened and they should guide you. In the next few weeks you may receive a letter from the receiver letting you know what's happened if the directors are co-operating then the website may also be updated with details of who the recievers are and how to contact them

U

user123

I wish Diamond Tiling (Dom) and the Diamond Training group didn't carry the same name, got right confused there for a bit....

B

Bathpool

To update on the Credit Card, I have contacted HSBC, my Credit Card provider, they are going to send me a Dispute Form which I complete and they will then decide on whether any compensation is due. As I had completed 5 of the 6 weeks they could not say for definite on the phone whether I will get any money back, they need to wait till they get all the details on the form.

I would think yours will be more straightforward Bickers as you have not had any of the training yet, but the first step is to phone the credit card supplier and get a dispute form

D

diamondtiling

I wish Diamond Tiling (Dom) and the Diamond Training group didn't carry the same name, got right confused there for a bit....

Danny did request through Dan that I change my name but seeing as I have had mine for 20 years I politely refused.

B

bickers

Hi thanks for all your help
I have phoned credit card company and as you say colour republic they do still have time to meet their obligations, or the receivers do on their behalf.
So i have to wait until my course starts or in the meantime get a letter from recievers or diamond put anything on their website to say they have gone bust, basically the credit card company want it in black and white before they can help me although they have made a record of the phone call.

B

bickers

To put a lighter mood on the subject can anyone recommend a good tiling course to book up? although im slightly short on funds for now pls help

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Alpine Training; Gary Sheffield has been running one of the oldest independent tiling training centres in the country. He setup many years ago and only does tiling and has a very good reputation. He has been going longer than PTS, Diamond, Able Skills, NETT, Chase and all the other well known centres.

http://www.alpinetiling.co.uk/

B

bickers

I will have a proper look as i did look at alpine quickly before but decided not to because of the distance from my house, means its going to cost alot more as i will have to stay somewhere near by but thinking it could be worth it, think i will give then a call.
Thanks dan

B

bickers

Note to bathpool wasnt there a note on door with any info like who the recievers are etc?

B

Bathpool

There was no note or any information, the place was just locked up. I have contacted Companies House (0303 1234 500) to try to find out who the receivers are but they said they have had no formal notification of the liquidation yet. However it can take some time for them to be informed so they suggested phoning again in a week or so.
Hope you get sorted out with an alternative and get your money back!

B

bickers

That was more info than they gave me when i phoned them they just said didnt know anything, Yeah me to is a bit gutting i have been looking forward to it since i booked it but i imagine that others are in far worse situation than me including yourself as you only had 1 more week to go, I have been checking out alpine, although its a fair distance away from me its starting to sound a safer option the fact he has tilers working for him and is a tile shop aswell sounds less likely to leave me in the same situation i am in now.
Good luck on your side of things aswell.
I'll keep things upto date on here as and when i get more info.

S

silver1

Hi.......... i HAVE HEARD THE NEWS ALSO......... MY NAME IS Jacky..... and i am the director of Silver Trowel Ltd in Crondall. (Plastering Training Centre ) I would like to make it clear that We are in no way connected to the Silver Trowel of Australia which had training links with Diamond training..... We have already today recieved 2 telephone calls from unhappy Diamond training customers, thinking that we were the other silver trowel..... We also this week have one of our plastering customers who in August finished a NVQ tiling course with Diamond.......who have not returned her calls in relation to her in-complete portfolio........ so will she be out of pocket also??

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Diamond Training Group in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks