Search the forum,

Discuss dewalt standard blade v montolit dna blade in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

some one asked the other day how these two blades compare to each other when fitted to the dewalt d24000. so i have tried them both back to back on a few different tiles and here is my findings.

Porcelain tile grade 5 15mm thick
dewalt blade
90 degree cuts
very good fine clean crisp cuts and cuts very fast too on 90 degree angle and takes slithers off with out a problem.
45 degree cuts
if you are doing mitres and you cut your tile with a square edge then turn it on its back and do the mitre this way leaving about a 1mm edge on the front edge of the tile then i did find that the cut tendded to wonder a bit at the end off the run leaving it about a mm wider at the end.

Montolit dna blade=
90 degree cuts
very good clean crisp cut once again, but it diddnt seem as quick as the dewalt blade to do the same length off cut and needed a bit more effort to push the tile threw to get the same speed. It also removes thin slithers just as the dewalt blade does.
45 degree cuts
if you are doing mitres as above it is better as it doesent wonder towards the end of the cut leaving it a perfect 1mm all the way down the line.

Limestone 10mm thick
I found the results to be the same as above for both blades.

Limestone 30mm thick
Dewalt blade= It really struggled with this in fact over the 650mm length off cut I had time to drink a cup of tea:lol:

Montolit dna blade= NO COMPARISON This is where this blade came into its own! wow what a difference between the two blades. compared to the dewalt blade it just chomps threw it fine crisp clean cuts no chipping.

The best way i have found to do mitre cuts on this saw is to firstly cut your mitre upside down and then turn it face up and run the harris off to give you a perfect clean crisp mitre.

The findings above are only my own observations between the two different blades!

so is the dna blade worth the extra money? imo yes if doing lots of stone work! but keep the cheaper blades for the ceramics and porcelain tiles.....:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I love my DNA blade, once you use that standard blade for a bit on stone and then use the monty it fly's through it..:):)

Reply to dewalt standard blade v montolit dna blade in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen