Search the forum,

Discuss Damp Course Membrane Distance - Critical? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I have removed my old patio 60cm x 60cm concrete slabs which started from the back door of my house to the start of my garden, roughly 2.4 meters. The end of the patio is supported by a 2 course brick container wall running the length of the patio, about 4.4 meters. I have laid the hard core and compacted it. I have incorporated an elevation to guide the water away from house towards the garden. My elevation from my calculation should be about a 4cm drop at garden end but the top brick of my 2 brick retainer wall governs the elevation height making it only around 2.5cm drop. Once I lay the slabs I would be exactly 2 bricks below the DCM. To get bigger elevation, How detrimental to the job would it be if I was to end up about 1.6 bricks from the DCM Thus raising my hardcore level slightly on house wall. Any other remedies? Thanks regards David.

Reply to Damp Course Membrane Distance - Critical? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen