Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting advise for 38mm Yorkstone in the Tiling Tools > Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to ask for some advice please as to best option for cutting 38mm Buff Yorkstone steps and slabs.

I will be cutting 1500mm steps length ways for the risers along with 600x600 slabs.

I was looking at hiring a Flex CS60 with rails but not sure if that will do the job or if there is a better option, I would like to make as least mess as possible if there such a option, also there isn’t much space on site.

Many thanks in advance!

These are the steps:
Buff Yorkstone steps

Reaction score
If its a one off job , hire a sthil saw.
Hi, thanks for the reply, we do have one but am concerned won’t be able to get that straight cuts along the steps as they are 130cm long hence I thought having a guide rail with the Flex saw would be a better option?

Thanks

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply, we do have one but am concerned won’t be able to get that straight cuts along the steps as they are 130cm long hence I thought having a guide rail with the Flex saw would be a better option?

Thanks
Cuts edges would go to the back. Or are both edges on show. ?

Do you have any pics of your project?

Reaction score
Cuts edges would go to the back. Or are both edges on show. ?

Do you have any pics of your project?
Hi, back and one side are covered but right side will be visible.

Thanks

Attachments

• C414E10C-735A-47CB-AAE6-27E94AFDF3F5.jpeg
    480.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 2EACB445-6B4B-477F-9F22-976FF5E52D5C.jpeg
    614.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 1A7DD4C3-965F-48EB-A625-BD329B088875.jpeg
    595.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 58322E72-138F-4BB0-8249-7FF07E28802C.jpeg
    653.3 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
What’s your intentions with the handrail?

Ok i see its more bespoke work entailed. A rail saw and diamond pads required
Hi, planning to remove the rail and modify it with help of a welder to make attached on the side of the stairway as don’t want to make holes in the steps.
Thanks

Reply to Cutting advise for 38mm Yorkstone in the Tiling Tools > Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen