Search the forum,

Discuss crap job - when is too late to take to court? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

It makes me so sad and angry that there are god knows how many good tilers going bust and yet guys like this still have work on! Id ask the builder to come on the forum and let us all know why it was impossible to do a decent job :mad2:

D

Daz

Okay first, you have my sincere sympathy for that job.

I'm no legal brain and do not, honestly, know where you stand regarding a claim, or the steps and timeframe involved, so I will not pass any advise in relation to that.

I do know, however, that the tile job you have received is absolutely shocking and way below the standard of anyone that would expect payment for said work. It is difficult to criticise a job when you only have a few limited pics, so my advise would be to request that a local tiler visit and provide a full report on the work. The report will not only focus on the aesthetic aspects of the job, but more importantly, on the safety aspects. Even if you have to pay £50 for the report, I'm confident that you will have sufficient information to seek legal compensation and a job completed correctly.

D

diamondtiling

Okay first, you have my sincere sympathy for that job.

I'm no legal brain and do not, honestly, know where you stand regarding a claim, or the steps and timeframe involved, so I will not pass any advise in relation to that.

I do know, however, that the tile job you have received is absolutely shocking and way below the standard of anyone that would expect payment for said work. It is difficult to criticise a job when you only have a few limited pics, so my advise would be to request that a local tiler visit and provide a full report on the work. The report will not only focus on the aesthetic aspects of the job, but more importantly, on the safety aspects. Even if you have to pay £50 for the report, I'm confident that you will have sufficient information to seek legal compensation and a job completed correctly.

Good advice, please act on it very soon.

:thumbsup:

B

BoltonTiler

if you can like said ask a proffessional tiler to come in, photograph and do a detailed description of all the mistakes made in the job. And part of the quotation offered by a known tiler is redo the work and photograph and describe the rectified mistakes...The before and after results, plus the discrepances reported in writing should put you in good stead to have a case to show incompitence.

W

White Room

Just seem to see more of this kind of work, is it because of the lack of work at the moment that builders tend to do most of the work themselves rather than pass it over to the relevant trade

B

BoltonTiler

that could well be the case mate, and it makes us all sick........never mind though, the cream always rises to the top:thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

Just seem to see more of this kind of work, is it because of the lack of work at the moment that builders tend to do most of the work themselves rather than pass it over to the relevant trade
thats exactly whats going on
its not just building trade that can tile ..............its anyone who hasnt got a job

Reaction score
This is all good advice and I hope you manage to get it all sorted out in the end.

I've recently lost out on 2 quite large jobs to builders who blag the customer into thinking they can tile. One was a marble floor that I had to submit my quote for via the builder so it was obvious they would under cut my price.... the other was 116m2 travertine floor. I got called into tile the 5 bathrooms, and I was asked by the customer NOT to look closely at the travertine. When I left after tiling the bathrooms the builders were telling the customer how they would need to bring in a "buffer" to polish the trav and take down the lips!! :mad2::mad2:

H

hillhead

its going on everywhere lads,way too much. can customers not see early on in a job????

Reply to crap job - when is too late to take to court? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen