Search the forum,

Discuss Centre of door = centre grout line/ centre tile?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bradma9

Just wanting to see who sets out a floor with the grout line in the middle of the door or the tile in the middle?

Q

Qwerty

Each job is different depending on things such as size of room, tile, features on back wall etc etc. full tile in centre looks better IMO between your two choices.....creates a natural runway if you like :)

B

Bradma9

Yes I know it all depends on the size of the room and layout, I'm with you centre tile, centre of the door, also because less wear on the grout especially white! Only asked as been out and noticed a few with the grout line straight down the middle.

Reaction score
I always try to line up bath, wc, basin, shower etc.. with the tiles. I find when working out my tiling walls & floors not to have my cuts less than 1/3 of a tile.
This isn't always possible if your only there for tiling, As I know most plumbers won't take the tiles into consideration when installing bathrooms. Hope this helps.
22.jpg 15a.jpg Bathroom Wetroom Nov 09-49.jpg IMG_7814.jpg 14.jpg

T

tfs

if your door is not centre of the room then you will find that your tiles will not be centre of many other locations within the room for example some people will prefer to have a symmetric layout with an equal size of cut at each side of the floor, centering a tile within a door way may not allow this.

I agree with a few other comments, it is decided on a job by job basis. if it can be done without detracting visualy from other aspects of the room go for it. :)

Reply to Centre of door = centre grout line/ centre tile?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen