Search the forum,

Discuss Can you tile on routed water UFH? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Steven

TF
Reaction score
Morning all,

I have been given the opportunity to quote for a 110m floor in a chevron pattern. Around 80m of it is screed and the remaining 30m will be on a 12mm cement board, bringing an existing floor together with a new one. The cement board will be going down over 22mm floorboards in 3 layers to bring it up level with the screed. The floor will then be routed for a water UFH system to be installed. I have a few concerns about this and hoped some of you might be able to help?

1. Can I tile onto a routed UFH? A friend of mine had it done and the one thing I noticed is the floor is very hot as opposed to warm. Is this suitable for tiles? I planned to put SLC down to fill the voids, Ditra Mat and then tile. Would that be suitable?

2. Does the prep of the floor sound ok? I’m confident in the screed. I feel that 3 layers of cement board over 22mm ply is sufficient but I would just like opinions.

Thanks all for your time and hope you have a great weekend.

Attachments

• 08DD07E2-9024-457F-8EEA-9A5730150A0E.jpeg
    682 KB · Views: 13
  • 3AA7B636-9E13-4D06-83C5-E13762258651.jpeg
    549.5 KB · Views: 12
  • EBC76241-BB2D-4FBF-A72E-DA7362FBDBC8.jpeg
    590.2 KB · Views: 15

Reply to Can you tile on routed water UFH? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen