Search the forum,

Discuss Can you grout with tile adhesive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stan001

snowfrog - please don't assume - he is providing a service - he is happily taking your money for that service.
If you dont know his name ask it, ask for a business card, take his van registration number, and take lots of pictures of his work. Get his details from your electrician friend, maybe he can help you? Have you given him an opportunity to refund you for the tiling work only? (if his plastering etc is good). You really need to take professional advice (which is free from OFT or your local CAB). don't procrastinate.

D

DHTiling

Pics here..

FF024.jpg

FF022.jpg

FF019.jpg

FF012.jpg

FF013.jpg

FF014-1.jpg

FF021.jpg

W

White Room

Your entitled to be fussy, your paying for work to done to a standard and it certainly has'nt reached that.

S

Snowfrog

Thanks Dave. :thumbsup:

Whitebeam, I know I can be too fussy sometimes but I have clear ideas of what I want and I really don't think I am in the wrong here. I've had all sorts of grief tonight because I've said I'm not happy with everything. My boyfriend thinks everything will look fine once it's grouted. I don't think grouting could possibly fix it and if it wasn't for Baghdad today, I would say what I think it needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

simhopper

Your entitled to be fussy, your paying for work to done to a standard and it certainly has'nt reached that.

Being fussy does not come into it

The works done is absolute rubbish,Fussy is picking up stepped tile less than 1mm

The plastering looks very poor, cuts and grout lines also poor

I would give him the oppurtunity to replace, if he refuses take him to small claims...The quicker people like this are taken out the trade the better

C

Colour Republic

Let's get one thing straight, you are being far from fussy!

This is a mess; his plastering is nearly as bad as his tiling. Although I have great sympathy for you I am quickly becoming angry. The chances are you are so down about this whole episode that you will want to get this buried and try to make the best out of a bad situation and in the process this 'tiler' will be allowed to damage somebody else’s property. This is a prime example of what gives our industry a bad name.

You have been recommended this 'Plasterer/tiler' by an electrician, I’m starting to wonder what the electricians work is like now. I know loads of tradesmen in my local area but I can count on one hand the amount of them I would recommend to customers as I know if I recommend someone it's as good as my company endorsing them and me taking the flack for any misgivings they may have. You haven't done anything wrong, most people on here would advise you that if you have one workman you are happy with then get them to recommend somebody for other trades you may have. Our whole industry is supposed to be built on our reputation.

I would love our industry to be monitored and government backed but sadly I know all too well that our government would use it as an excuse for a stealth tax and in the process make such a hash of it that cowboy builders would excel because they would undercut the firms that pay to comply.

I'm getting really mad now...

Snowfrog, PM me your 'plasterer/tiler/muppet's' number so I can let off some steam:mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Can you grout with tile adhesive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen