Search the forum,

Discuss Can adhesive colour bleed to stain tiles or grout? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

Kayeah

I’ve just had white marble effect tiles laid with grey adhesive. And some of the tiles have dark large spotting that have come through, I can only think it’s from the adhesive. This was confirmed from the place I bought the tiles from. Really annoyed as it only got laid a day ago, it’s not yet been grouted. How is that even possible for it to go through the bottom layer of the tile and appear on the top. Can’t even be wiped off.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I’ve just had white marble effect tiles laid with grey adhesive. And some of the tiles have dark large spotting that have come through, I can only think it’s from the adhesive. This was confirmed from the place I bought the tiles from. Really annoyed as it only got laid a day ago, it’s not yet been grouted. How is that even possible for it to go through the bottom layer of the tile and appear on the top. Can’t even be wiped off.
It’s because the tiles are porous and with the adhesive being grey , the water from the adhesive bleeds through the body of the tiles. Thus getting what you have. Totally wrong installation method, should never be spot fixed. Looks like it more than likely knackered. Your fixer is at fault.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score

Reply to Can adhesive colour bleed to stain tiles or grout? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen