Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss ATS Diamond Blades in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

kimboslash

After advice on this forum I purchased a couple of blades from ATS diamond Tools last week...

Just thought I would give my opinion: I tested them out over the last few days and I must say I am now a convert. the delivery was fast, very impressed with the performance of the blades and at a very reasonable price.

To anyone on the fence about buying these, I highly recommend them and i will soon head back to buy more - That is all!

I

Ian

I've had many cores from ATS and they are excellent, no blades yet but I'll be needing a couple soon. What blades did you use?

K

kimboslash

The continuous rim and thin turbo blades.

Both performed as well as some of the premium brands and at only a fraction of what i have paid before.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Concrete guy

We've got a new blade in this week. Vacuum brazed Cut and Grind with an M14 fitting.

Available in 100mm, 115mm & 125mm. I'll be uploading it onto our website this week.

It's a kind of all purpose cutting and grinding solution that screws straight onto the thread of your polisher/grinder. This also gives it the benefit of being able to flush cut.

P1100219_zps9gaje5j6.jpg

C

Concrete guy

That would be the closest to the Pro gres that we do. It's a great all round porcelain/hard ceramic/quartz blade but no good in soft stuff like travertine and limestone.

Feedback we've had though is if you're doing a polished or particularly dense porcelain the continuous rim blade reduces breakout and chipping, especially when used with a sponge. Gary found this method useful with Porcelthin.

Buy off our website rather than eBay, it's a bit cheaper.

I

Ian

Thanks mate, I'll perhaps get one of each. Need a load of cores as well, I'll work out what sizes this afternoon and get an order in [emoji106]

C

Concrete guy

That new cut & grind disc looks interesting Alan [emoji106]

Think of it as a problem solver for shaping and grinding as well as a cut off blade.

It will be good with marble and travertine and other friable materials as the consistent continuous coverage gives a smooth cutting/grinding action.

This is coarse though (#30/40 grit) it's not going to give a nice finished surface but it is going to shape/trim quickly if a tile is a few mm oversized and the cut edge is hidden or you come across a lump of concrete that needs grinding off quickly.

It's Pepperami Hot, a bit of animal.

S

Stocks Tiles

I am certainly going to try these blades, so many good reviews and much cheaper than the pro gres that I currently use.

K

Kia tiling

New blade looks good Alan, will def be trying that out. Keep up the good work...

Reply to ATS Diamond Blades in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks