Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on heated floor curbless marble steam shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hey guys new member here I've been tiling for almost 8 years I have a customer that would like a curbless steam shower with marble tiles floor to ceiling and electric heat system underneath these tiles. This will be my first steam shower I Do by myself just wondering advice on the best waterproofing system to use and also any tips or helpful advice from people experienced and installing them

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Hey guys new member here I've been tiling for almost 8 years I have a customer that would like a curbless steam shower with marble tiles floor to ceiling and electric heat system underneath these tiles. This will be my first steam shower I Do by myself just wondering advice on the best waterproofing system to use and also any tips or helpful advice from people experienced and installing them
Really I'd advise them against the use of marble full stop !! Steam rooms are not to be messed with as the water is of the finest kind !! It will penetrate any weakness !! Marble is a natural product and it won't stand up well to a steam room !! Use a wedi board or equivalent and tape joints with the waterproof jointing system !I d use mapei wps waterproofing system and do 2 coats

Reply to Advice on heated floor curbless marble steam shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen