Discuss 5 ensuite bathrooms floors and walls in houghton near huntingdon in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

terrycoe1

hi im a professional tiler looking to expand my skills in wall and floor tiling i have been passed a job on which insists of 5 bathroom en-suits for a b and b which is thought to be highly well known so a good advertising pitch its in Houghton so im looking for someone more local and with high level of experience of tiling the job consists of approx 24m2 floor and 50 m2 walls floors have wet underfloor heating with a self leveling compound 4 downstairs one upstairs types of tiles that they will consist of are heavy marble on walls some ceramic and some porcelain . Floors will be large granite and slate i need some one local enough to go assess the job get the price for the labour etc i believe my skills are of a high standard but i think this is too big for me to take on i would like to take a cut of the job and enhance my skills by learning abit more on natural stones etc on the job with someone of this experience if any one would be interested please pm me. this is as much as i no on the job also the floor will need a de coupling membrane as this hasn't been layed thanks terry

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
If I'm not mixing the threads up, I think he first asked about the job. And he said he didn't feel comfy doing it. So rather than him give it up, we suggested he lets somebody else to take it on, on the understanding he gets a cut, and can go on the job and learn a thing or two.

Sooooo, I'm not sure why whoever passed it on opted to go for them and not somebody with experience. Sounds like he didn't perhaps do the quoting. And by the sounds of that post, he needs somebody to quote it maybe?

Might be mixing my threads up. Done that a lot lately with burning candle at both ends on here lol

Reply to 5 ensuite bathrooms floors and walls in houghton near huntingdon in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB