Search the forum,

Discuss 365 drills time in the Dragons Den (yes THE den) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

Yes thats very true. In fact we have appeared on dragons den in three of the nine episodes in what the BBC call a "montage". The montage is a short 2 second burst of clips featuring a range of products and pitches that were presented.

But of course unless people actually know us or our product then its very difficult to spot (so well done on your observation skills...!)

By coincidence this week we are at an trade only exhibition next to Nova Flow who make a device to prevent baths from flooding. They were on the Den so we have been swapping horror stories.

From their experience (they turned down investment but their pitch was fully broadcast) they say that its their own work and not the TV stuff that sells products. Totally agree and so I am out there pounding the ground. PS: Thanks to all forum members who dropped by to see us at KBB. More about that in a seperate post.

S

stacksoftiles

At the time of this post, I do not stock ANY drill bits of any kind. I would be interested in maybe having a look at the product. Tile rite keep pestering us to buy their drill bits off them, but my 6 years expeirience selling them when I was with Tiles R Us convinced me otherwise. But yeah, drop me a line.

D

Deleted member 1779

Ha! yes revenge time.... Actually if you want to get anyone for me - Get Duncan_Bannatyne!

duncan_bannatyne.jpg

Of all 5 Dragons BANNATYNE gave me the worst grief. TWO HOURS of it. His gripe was the "Product is boring..." reference to it being a drill and "Oche Eye Ya pitch was borin tu"

.......GIT !

In contrast Deborah and Peter was thumbs up. So no need to do any damage to them.

F_200706_June28TVpe_339921a.jpg

deborah_meaden.jpeg

As I said in the posts above DM has been very helpful after the show!

D

Deleted member 1779

Well its now summer of 2008 and a whole year since we filmed for series five. And on screens right now is series 6 for the next eight weeks of this summer.

I've managed to park my disappointment at not being broadcast and can not only move on - but can actually sit and watch the new series without becoming too moany!

Today's a landmark day because its my 40th Birthday so in many ways a life turning point. At least on the very last day of my 30's I was able to sit and watch DD comfortable in the knowledge that I have "moved on".

Good luck to the new lot who have come up with ideas such as a pillow that sticks on a window, a bed sheet with a barrier in the middle to stop your partner coming over and a pop group....

Reply to 365 drills time in the Dragons Den (yes THE den) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen