Search the forum,

Discuss 1st tiling job about to be started in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm about to do my first ever tiling job on my home. Small fireplace hearth, not for a real fire, one of those biofuel ones.
So hear is my query, floor is concrete under the tiles and remaining floor covering is going to be carpet with an 11mm underlay.
So if I put the tiles directly to concrete they will be lower than the carpet.
What would you use to raise this level for the hearth?
I've looked at them Hardie back boards but £20 each for 12mm and I'd need 2 of them.
Could I use plywood instead as I've already got that. Then do I just use the same tile adhesive to stick plywood to concrete?

Or is there another solution here that I'm not seeing?

Thanks in advance people.

Reply to 1st tiling job about to be started in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen