Search the forum,

Discuss 1930 end terrace house. 600x300 porcelain tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bouba

Retiling my bathroom. 2 walls of the bathroom are external walls(solid no cavity) and are pebbledashed outside. I have removed the old tiles and bricks have been exposed.

Would Sand cement render in 2 coats a good one or can i just stick hardie backer directly on the walls. I was told that render will take time to dry but I have time.

Also worried about damp problems from cold spots behind hardie.

Thanks

T

Time's Ran Out

Frame it out, put a moisture barrier in and fix the hardie to the frame.

M

mache

Agree with timeless John but would add to insulate with cellotex or similar between framing.
Regards Martin.

W

White Room

And block out any holes in the wall to stop cold air coming into the room...

B

Bouba

Thanks. If i use sand cement render and wait for a month to dry,can that act as a waterproof and tile directly on it. Its less faffing about with studwork and moisture barrier.

Please advice.
Thanks.

B

Bouba

1.If using sand cement render and tiling straight on it,does it still require moisture barrier.

2. If i stud wall it then is 2x1 timber sufficient with 25mm celotex. Does this celotex push firmly against the wall or do i need to leave a gap.

Reply to 1930 end terrace house. 600x300 porcelain tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen