Search the forum,

Discuss 1200x1200 porcelain in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Davymc

Hi all, newbie to the forum. Plasterer turned tiler a few years back, and have generally sailed through until I got a job offer of these bad boys. Here's where I'm at.

asphalt floor, all over the place
norcross 6mm insulation boards
ufh the stuff on the roll
120 odd metres of tiles

So I'm gonna seal and level the floor, fit the norcross boards, spark fitting the mats, slc over the top. Tile on top.

anything I'm missing? Tips on cutting and laying, I have use of a rubi 1200 cutter so wondering if an angle grinder or wet cutter is needed, size spacers, 10mm notch trowel, them funny clips, double beds etc

anything at all you can think of (other than pass the job onto some else) great fully appreciated

H

Handyeire

Hi all, newbie to the forum. Plasterer turned tiler a few years back, and have generally sailed through until I got a job offer of these bad boys. Here's where I'm at.

asphalt floor, all over the place
norcross 6mm insulation boards
ufh the stuff on the roll
120 odd metres of tiles

So I'm gonna seal and level the floor, fit the norcross boards, spark fitting the mats, slc over the top. Tile on top.

anything I'm missing? Tips on cutting and laying, I have use of a rubi 1200 cutter so wondering if an angle grinder or wet cutter is needed, size spacers, 10mm notch trowel, them funny clips, double beds etc

anything at all you can think of (other than pass the job onto some else) great fully appreciated

Nice big tiles they are. I've never laid tiles as big and TBH, I don't even have the tile cutter for it. I've only got a 750 and 950 sigma cutters. There'd be some weight in thon things I'd guess thou could see a room getting laid in no time.

Reply to 1200x1200 porcelain in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement