Search the forum,

Discuss TEKCEM FIBRE what needed to porcelain tile in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes.
We have an extension (9m by 6.2m) which has a standard slab been down for 4 months, and then insulation in quick drying screed, the existing part has a slightly friable slab with approx 20mm of latex self levelling screed, then low profile ufh in TEKCEM fibre over both new and old. Ive commissioned the ufh as per tekcems instructions. The ufh people had allowed 15mm for 10mm tile and adhesive to take it upto bifold thresholds and no mention of anti frag mat, tiler said he would advise putting one in.
Any advice intending to put in 1200 by 200 10mm porcelain planks.
ps girlfriend wants me to shell out for professional but budget tight could a pretty good diyer lay this to ok standard?

You can give it a try. 1200 by 200 10mm porcelain planks are a pain to install. You will need a perfect screed/slab, embed them 100% in a good tile adhesive. Follow the manufacturer instructions, offset the joints as recommended. It can be done!
cheers any thoughts on need for frag mat and have seen they are 0.7 to 0.85mm but i believe set in adhesive so thicker? If i put in mat how much depth does it take up, i would need to fit it all in 15mm?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Personally, i would recommend an anti-crack mat with a heated screed . Thus preventing any future cracking from transferring to the tiles and with a floor of 9 mtrs in length then it will help with lateral stress. Ditra is my choice of matting.

Tile Marble Granite

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Last edited:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
yes will undulate but would like to make sure i can fit level or lower than bifold threshold, ive now gone all along the threshold and the depth to latex screed with ufh in varies from 15mm to 18mm only little bit at one end 15mm, i thought maybe i could sand that down so i have at least 16mm all the way, then could i fit dita 3mm laid depth?, 3mm adhesive? and 10mm tile, or if bal is ok i wouldnt have a bit more room?

Reply to TEKCEM FIBRE what needed to porcelain tile in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays