Search the forum,

Discuss Best Tile Cutter for Marble Tiles in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

You need a wet cutter Chris, some marble might cut once or twice if your lucky, a wet cuter will do no problem, get a decent blade and your laughing, is it a one off job ? You might want to rent if it is and you don't want to be left with the cutter, having said that, for what it would cost to rent you could buy a cheapish mid range cutter for the same cost, and then have it for any future use.

Hope that helps.

G

grumpygrouter

Thanks guys,

I don't expect this to be a one off job so would like to purchase something half decent that will last. Can you make any suggestions? The quality of the cuts is more important to me than getting a cheap cutter so i am not averse to paying good money for a good quality cutter.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Chris
Norton Clipper TT200EM will be perfectly adequate for what you want. Google it and you will find them for just over a hundred quid plus vat.:thumbsup:

C

cgadmin23

wow the dewalt 24000 looks like a real bad boy! unfortunately its a little out of my league.

How good is the Norton Clipper TT200EM? Are there any others for me to look at in £100 - £300 price bracket?

Also, can anyone tell me how difficult it is to cut tiles (Marble in particular) I will have approximately 80 tiles to cut and want to make sure I get a clean straight cut.

Cheers

Chris

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just bumping some of the tiling tools related threads. This thread might not be current discussion, if it isn't, just ignore this, and it'll soon drop off the list. Don't worry if you bring it back into current discussion yourself though, the content within it could be useful for somebody. So feel free to add to it if you have something valuable to add.

Somerset
I believe that "best tile cutter" threads are more subjective than objective. I have read so many comments on the De Walt cutter, at one time everyone wanted one, now the tilers on here seem to be stepping back from recommending it. The bottom line is how easily it cuts, and how little chipping it causes, and I think that is at least 50% down to how good the cutting blade is. Casual users will benefit from buying cheaper cutters (e.g Vitrex) with better quality cutting blades (marcrist are good without being outrageously expensive). With real hard use that most full time tilers give their cutters, spending more on cutters with a proven ability to withstand abuse (Husqvarna seems popular, but never used it myself) makes a lot of sense.

I have owned a Rubi ND200 for four years, and it has suffered a lot of abuse. I replaced the on/off switch, the top blade guard and it's support block, and now the bolts holding the side blade guard have snapped and the guard itself is broken. But the motor is robust and with a Montolit blade it continues to give clean quick cuts - only struggling if given 22mm flagstones to cut. I am not sure with my limited experience I am best to advise (buy this) but I am not sure I would recommend the ND200 for full time use - I chose it because of the replaceable parts and apparently robust build, but I expected to get a good 10 years use from it, and instead I am considering changing it after 4 years. That disappoints me a little after spending over £400 buying it.

I would be interested to see what other long term users have found with their wet cutters.

Somerset
I bit the bullet over the weekend. Out with the drill bits and tap and die set. Stripped down the machine, then carefully drilled out the old bolts securing the side guard. Then re-tapped using a M5 0.8 tap. Found a couple of spare 5mm screw bolts in my spares box, and ordered a new side guard from Trade Tiler (total cost about £11). That will last a few more weeks. Money saved will go in holiday pot.

Reply to Best Tile Cutter for Marble Tiles in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays