Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling onto hardwall with membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

UK Tiling Advice Thread
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower pipework, which I'm covering in 12mm wedi board. The other is an internal brick wall, which is currently scratch coated with hardwall.

Having read around here it seems tiling directly onto hardwall is a no no, but my plan was to apply a waterproof membrane over this with tile adhesive before tiling (something like kerdi 200). Would this be enough to stabilise the wall, or is it still necessary to skim the hardwall first?

I'm really not keen on boarding the wall as it's going to eat into the space we've got and having baton and boarded some other walls, I don't know if I get face getting the drill through more of our crazy bricks.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

J

Reply to Tiling onto hardwall with membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen