Search the forum,

Discuss yellow pages in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
had a call today customer wanting some quarry tiles putting on her kitchen floor.

was just finishing grouting a floor so i said i would be round in an hour

when i got there it was a simple 11m2 floor no units dead square, no problem, just needed latexing.

the tile sample she had was a b&q quarry (rubbish) , so i got on the phone and managed to get her a pilks quarry better quality and cheaper price.

priced it all up and the customer was over the moon, turns out she was just about to give up ever getting it done, apparently she had rang every tiler in yellow pages, and thomsons local and as soon as she mentioned 6x6 quarry tiles no body wanted to know.

so, i know the web is the way to go for advertising but you can still get some work from the yellow pages, my add cost me £352 per year, and with this job i will be up to just under £2000 worth of work from y/p :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

had a call today customer wanting some quarry tiles putting on her kitchen floor.

was just finishing grouting a floor so i said i would be round in an hour

when i got there it was a simple 11m2 floor no units dead square, no problem, just needed latexing.

the tile sample she had was a b&q quarry (rubbish) , so i got on the phone and managed to get her a pilks quarry better quality and cheaper price.

priced it all up and the customer was over the moon, turns out she was just about to give up ever getting it done, apparently she had rang every tiler in yellow pages, and thomsons local and as soon as she mentioned 6x6 quarry tiles no body wanted to know.

so, i know the web is the way to go for advertising but you can still get some work from the yellow pages, my add cost me £352 per year, and with this job i will be up to just under £2000 worth of work from y/p :thumbsup:

How come she rang you last then...:lol:

G

garretridge

well done :thumbsup:but my colour add cost me £1000 quid had one job from it i wont be doing that again next year!:lol:

Reply to yellow pages in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen