Search the forum,

Discuss what i learnt this weekend in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peterhouse

im not a regular tiler but i done a small job for myself this week end.and learnt a lot also.
[1]the cut ends go towards a wall thx guys on here for puting me right on that one
[2]i spent at least 2 hours trying to get all the cuts to be same size untill it was pointed out once again on here that would only happen in a perfet square room ,guess what mine was not perfectly sq thx david cambell
[3] i was using topps expandable adesive is it meant to b sloppy? ifollowed instructions. and i must never leave the adhesive and stop for coffee, it was like a buket of set cement in no time plus i broke my buket getting it out
[4]brought a newwet cuter from topps i now know i should of set it up and put it together BEFOREstarting job
[:oops:
[5]never to wear cheap knee pads when wearing shorts

[6]make sure door goes over the tiles guess wat mine dosent
a lot if not all of this isquite obvious to u guys but i thought i share with you

P

peterhouse

thx gary, one last bit of advice to u guys NEVER mix the adhesive with a paddle next to the washing line when your wife has just put washing out .....yes u guessed it....:mad2:

F

faithhealer

I can quarantee that every time I mix a bucket of 'rapid' my wife me phones me and tries to keep me talking!! lol, sounds like you had a fun day. it gets better, honest.

G

Gazebo

Sounds like a normal day to me.:smilewinkgrin:

Good luck for next time..

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

thx gary, one last bit of advice to u guys NEVER mix the adhesive with a paddle next to the washing line when your wife has just put washing out .....yes u guessed it....:mad2:
Classic....!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

T

Terry Cottar

I can quarantee that every time I mix a bucket of 'rapid' my wife me phones me and tries to keep me talking!! lol, sounds like you had a fun day. it gets better, honest.

I absolutely guarantee that every time I mix anything that has a pot life I get the lo9ngest phone call from the biggest idiot on the planet and its usually advertisers

tel

Reply to what i learnt this weekend in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen