Search the forum,

Discuss Tips on fixing marble please , in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Davesax

I have never worked with it and have a 200 m job upcoming . It is honed 600 x 300 , cut straight from a Bali mountain . They are hoping for a 2 mm grout line . I also would like any links to pattern choices available - i remember something posted a while ago but cant find it .
Appreciate any help , cheers guys
Dave

W

White Room

Dave, do you think it might be a better idea if you get a tiler who has worked marble and shadow him just to get some knowledge.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
whitebeam has a point in a way, depends on your skill level and any stone works carried out in the past, it's not the easiest to work with, what will you be fixing to substrate wise ?

D

Davesax

Substrate is a concrete slab all through, very level . ... I have experience in limestone, sandstone and travertine etc . Ive done enough shadowing , this is my job . Here in Perth a lot of the stone comes from Asia - the main issue i can foresee might be varying thicknesses

G

Gazzer

If you have the confidence then go ahead. But marble can be unforgiving lippage wise.
As for the thickness issue if there is any then you need to grade them before you fix.

Reply to Tips on fixing marble please , in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen