Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling and insulating concrete floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

StnHse

-
Reaction score
Hello. I am refurbishing my ground floor bathroom which has a solid concrete floor to which I want to add insulation and tile. Please can you tell me the most widely accepted process for this. I have read and considered numerous options - rigid insulation, dpm, chipboard, tile vs insulated cement/tile board vs rigid insulation tile board tile vs insulation, SLC, tile and I am a bit confused about which is best. I want to apply on top of the concrete not dig it up, and I have about 65mm to play with height-wise from the hallway from which there is access before I would need a step up. Thanks in advance.

Tile Fix Direct

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
If you want to insulate and tile the floor at the same time I would recommend our Orby insulated Tile Backer board. The 50mm board will provide a high level of insulation and an excellent surface to tile. The finished floor level for a 10mm thick tile will be 63-65mm if the board is mechanically fixed with Orbry spankers.

Reply to Tiling and insulating concrete floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hello all, After years of abuse, the bathroom needed an overhaul from top to bottom. Out...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen