Search the forum,

Discuss Super sponges-unlimited free supplies! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

reaper72

Was talking to BrianC today-he came up with a really good idea.....for free unlimited sponges follow the following tips:

1.Get a bus home
2.Select the back seat ,preferably upstairs
3.Remove stanley knife from pocket
4.Whilst coughing loudly rip a large section in the material covering of the seat
5.This will allow access to 3 sq feet of sponge which can be removed without any noise
6.Stuff the newly acquired sponge down jacket and get off at the next stop-walk,don't run to avoid attracting any suspicion
7.Once home the sponge can be cut into umpteen squares for tiling
8.If you get a different bus twice a day for a month-you could have a years supply of free sponges!

WARNING:Carrying a stanley knife could get you five years
WARNING:Getting caught could get you sectioned under the 1982 mental health act
WARNING:Watch where you plonk your arse on a bus
WARNING:Beware of loaning BrianC you car or van!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GazTech

Was talking to BrianC today-he came up with a really good idea.....for free unlimited sponges follow the following tips:

1.Get a bus home
4.Whilst coughing loudly rip a large section in the material covering of the seat
5.This will allow access to 3 sq feet of sponge which can be removed without any noise
6.Stuff the newly acquired sponge down jacket and get off at the next stop-walk,don't run to avoid attracting any suspicion
8.If you get a different bus twice a day for a month-you could have a years supply of free sponges!

Dear me !! lmfao......who ever said that Scotts were tight fisted pmsl Reaps
icon10.gif

G

grumpygrouter

1.Get a bus home

You write the script for Still Game?

M

McP77

Wouldn't it cost more to actually get the bus than it would to just buy the sponges :shades_smile:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Lived in Scotland...................Never saw a bus with intact seats...........so there must be a lot of tilers up there.........or just a lot of Neds

P

penno

You can get unlimited Tile cutters from B&Q. Have a little Plasplugs compact i use for small jobs (99% of my jobs are small anyway :) ). Every few weeks take it back and tell them the motor has burnt out. Don't even check it is working or ask if you were using it correctly or anything like that. Just a "ok go and get another one off the shelf" then they just hand you back your original receipt and you get a shiny new cutter :)

W

wivers

Great idea, but i'd probably get happy slapped whilst i was on the bus and mugged of all my money and jewllery.
What if you rented some diving equipment and went collecting as many natural sponges as possible?

Reply to Super sponges-unlimited free supplies! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen