Search the forum,

Discuss Subbing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AMtek

Hi all, i have a question regarding pricing some sub contract work: consists of 30 new builds tiling bathrooms, 2 side full height on baths with shower over, 800/800mm shower cubicles, 600mm backsplash on baths with no shower over, single tile height splash above basins, full wall at 1/2 height on walls with basin and WC on same wall. Substrate is skimmed pb, all i know about tiles is they will be from the johnson 2012 range but i'm guessing fairly basic ceramic. there are details i need to check but what i'm after is a rough m2 rate i should be quoting, i need to supply addy, grout and trims, there is no mention of silicone, each house is approx 7m2 of tiling.

I have estemated that the lowest i can go without cutting my own throat is £18.75/m2 all in, how does that price sound to everyone?

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
trims alone are expensive. Did you ask what adhesive , grout, trims (plastic?) they want to use. And i'd say your price is low. If it's only like 7 sq.m each house, you will be running with your tools more than actually tiling.

A

AMtek

My plan would be 1 house per day fixed and grouted. I normally get my trims for just over a quid for 2.4 lengths (plastic), adhesive and grout are specced as waterproof :mad2: but i'm quoting on bagged addy and flexible grout. The details i have been sent are quite vague so i need to ask a few questions before i can submit my tender, i just don't want to put in a price too cheap and work for next to nothing or a price too high and not stand a chance of getting the job. this sort of work is nothing new to me but submitting a tender is

I

Ian

Once you have taken off addy/grout/trims/fuel/tax, you will barely have £100 quid per house, not worth doing for less than £25 m2 IMO and that's still pushing it.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I wouldn't entertain this sort of work for that price. That's why I won't do site work. It's also why skilled men are losing out on good work, as the sites closed down the guys are taking work on for domestics at the above prices and you're never going to beat that.

A

AMtek

I don't need the work at the minute but i think they will be ready for tiling in the new year and jan and feb were very quiet for me this year. Thanks for the advice, i think after i talk to them tomorrow if there is nothing unexpected i will put a price in of £24/m2 and hope for the best

Reply to Subbing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen