Search the forum,

Discuss Split Face Stone Mosaics in a Shower. Advice Please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jlktiling

Hi guys.

I have a customer who wants to use split face travertine mosaics in a shower. (see attached photo)

splitface.jpg

Obviously they are very pourous, so what background should i use?

Tanking system, or kerdi.

And what is the best way of sealing these, as there is such a large area. (is there a sealant that can be sprayed?)

Its not a wet room, so there will be a tray.

Thanks in advance for your help.

J

jason6671

I agree with andy all because there are lots of gaps in them sort of tiles for mould but you can seal them there are the spray one's but i dont recomend them coz they might leave tiny gaps best one is one in a tub and you paint it on so you know you have a 100% coverage you can get it in topps tiles under tile protection hope this helps

I

Ian

They can't be grouted, so that's the main reason for not having them in a wet environment. Too much water would be getting in behind the tiles and into the mosaic mesh, eventually the mesh glue will soften and tiles will come loose, you will be relying on the adhesive to keep it all together.

Reply to Split Face Stone Mosaics in a Shower. Advice Please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen