Search the forum,

Discuss Ridged Tiles - Thank You in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

harrylime

I didn't want to fall into the trap of as asking for advice and then not providing feedback. I want to thank those who gave me advice on cutting ridged porcelain tiles. I bought an ATS disc for my angle grinder and cut the tiles today. What a great piece of kit. I clamped a batten onto the tiles to ensure a nice clean edge and mangaed to get really good cuts. With most I cannot tell the difference between mine and the factory cuts on the other edge. I could feel each tile taking marginally longer to cut each time, and the last one had tiny chips on the edge, hardly noticeable, so these tilesmust be really hard, I have ordered another one today, and will be using my Rubi for the contrasting tiles on the side walls of the shower. These are slightly textured to look like stone, but hopefully the dry cutter will cope OK
Thanks again who were kind enough to share the benefit of their experience

Reply to Ridged Tiles - Thank You in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen