Search the forum,

Discuss Replace grout in bathroom walls and floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Little5

Hi Im going to be giving a quote to regrout a standard size bathroom approx 3 x 2 mts. Ceramic tiles. ive no idea how to quote. it would be easier if i know how long it will take to scrape out the grout. i dont want to say 2 - 3 days if it takes double that. any help advise would be great. Thanks:thumbsup:

J

jay

We need a bit more info as in how big is the bathroom in regards to meters square ,size if joints and what type of tile or stone .May i ask why its being re grouted

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
little5, if they are small cheap ceramic tiles then the chances are you will chip loads of them. As Jay says, we need more info. Maybe the grout could be cleaned and re-coloured? Maybe it would be easier to quote for a rip out and re-tile.

L

Little5

yeah I was thinkin that Ive never raked out but realise that it may damage the tiles, will get back when ive seen it. thanks

scott23

TF
Reaction score
I have just regrouted a large floor, i was doing about 10 metres aday using a fein multimaster with a carbide blade. the tiles were 600x300 porcelain with 4mm joints, the fein works really well and didnt chip any of the tiles, hope this helps

D

Daz

I don't do regrouts as too many issues can occur. If a customer wants me to do anything other than tiling (i.e. remove tiles and prep) then I will only give them a day rate price - it takes as long as it takes!

Daz

Reply to Replace grout in bathroom walls and floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen