Search the forum,

Discuss Recommended Cutter for 600 x 600 x 20mm garden porcelain pavers in the Tiling Tools > Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi, new to forum but tiled a few DIY jobs for friends and family over the years.

Can anyone recommend a cutter - either wet or dry that will give me a clean cut on 20mm porcelain slabs?

I was initially thinking of going with a Rubi Evo 650 with a decent blade or the Vitrex bridge saw both around 800W with 200mm blades.

Now im thinking maybe a larger format dry cutter will suffice and also be suitable for other general ceramic / porcelain tiles.

One option is the Vitrex BRUTUS900 Clinker XL other than that i'm struggling finding something thats suitable for 20mm thick.

Thanks

Andrew

Rae

-
Reaction score
Rubi tz is the best bet snaps 20 mm porcelain ,but cheaper option is 9 inch angle grinder ,clamp a bit of 2x1 timber to your line you want to cut , then run angle grinder down line

Reaction score
Thanks, was looking at the TZ its impressive but a bit out of my price range for a few DIY jobs.

Grinder it is - would i get away with a 125mm? I have both so will just need a decent disc.

Rob

TF
Reaction score
Thanks, was looking at the TZ its impressive but a bit out of my price range for a few DIY jobs.

Grinder it is - would i get away with a 125mm? I have both so will just need a decent disc.
I used a 9 inch angle grinder , if you scribe the line, it gives a decent cut.

Reply to Recommended Cutter for 600 x 600 x 20mm garden porcelain pavers in the Tiling Tools > Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen