Search the forum,

Discuss New Tile Trims... Would Love To Hear Your Thoughts and Feedback... in the Tilers' Talk - All Other Countries area at TilersForums.com.

L

LukepAdams

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

Some of you may have heard me and my southern rep at Genesis talk about the new range of trims we have at Genesis. I just wanted to give you some graphics and Information on them for you to have a look and and see what you think. Already, they are proving very popular with fixers...

1) Aluminium Angle Trim (Triangular Trim)
rb3630_AluminiumAngleTrimExternalCorner.jpg
rb3630_AluminiumAngleTrimExternalCorner.jpg rb3591_EATProfile3D.jpg rb3593_ALUMINIUMANGLETRIM.jpg rb3970_EATTech.jpg
  • No Sharp edges (By Comparison to Straight Edge Aluminium Trim) Which means the potential for a trip hazard is greatly reduced in one of the wettest areas of the house.
  • No Bulky, Cumbersome Finish (By Comparison to Round Edge Aluminium Trim) Which means no destraction of the eye from the tiles.
  • The Triangular Trim creates a 3D effect to the tiles, again, making them stand out more...
  • fixing is a lot easier. Three-Way Mitres now have a three-way shape to work with which should make external and internal angles a lot easier to do (Corner Pieces availible)

2) Aluminium Slender Square Edge Trim (A Straight Edge Trim with Corner Pieces...)
rb3930_TMG080_100_120.jpg rb3625_AluminiumSlenderlineSqEdgeTrimCrnr.jpg

• Modern take on the very sucessful ESA (Straight Edge Aluminium Trim)
  • 5mm width to 'double up' as a razor-thin listello
  • Straight edge aluminium trim now with corner pieces which has been demanded by a proportion of fixers for a while now.

Both trims are availible now in the popular finishes and sizes. Let me know what you all think. All feedback appreciated...

D

DHTiling

They look good, i hope the corners pieces fit better than the plastic ones.. they never line up right.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Not being funny or weird here but that square edge tile trim is sexy.

I'm seriously trying to find something to tile that could use it. I'm thinking of making a new hearth or something (don't want to tile too much now do I?).

Very smart that is. Knocks the socks of existing square/flat edging.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
How easy are they to cut and what do you recommend cutting them with? I would imagine it's hard to get the cut end as neat as those manufactured ends in the photo there.

I always found the hacksaw never left a perfect perfect edge and on a trim where it is so important to get right I wouldn't want to be having too many practise goes and wasting lengths.

P

Peter

Would be interesting to see how the corners pieces marry up in real life rather than the CGI photos. Was using the Schluter Quadec on a recent job and didn't like the visible joint in the piece. Square edge is nice, although not sure if the angle would take off for wall tiling.

D

DHTiling

Would be interesting to see how the corners pieces marry up in real life rather than the CGI photos. Was using the Schluter Quadec on a recent job and didn't like the visible joint in the piece. Square edge is nice, although not sure if the angle would take off for wall tiling.

I use the plastic ones for some local authority wetrooms and they spec them but not had 1 corner marry up to the trim yet.. they just do not insert straight.. i trim with untility knife to try and get them square... so please genesis, sort this issue out..

P

Peter

The Schluter were a good fit but these corner pieces are still nothing on a well mitred joint imo. Unless from a health and safety view perhaps.

L

LukepAdams

This is the great thing about this forum. I will pass the feedback on and start looking for the new solution to cutting aluminium trim. There are a few ideas out there and a few that have been suggested but nothing final just yet.

... Watch this space...

Reply to New Tile Trims... Would Love To Hear Your Thoughts and Feedback... in the Tilers' Talk - All Other Countries area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen