Search the forum,

Discuss MR Plasterboard in shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I am in the process of building a couple of stud walls to create a shower cubicle. Built from 4"x2" studs they will be covered in backing board and tanked/waterproofed before tiling.

The third wall in the cubicle already exists and is constructed of MR plasterboard on 6" studs and then skimmed. Will this be adequate if it is tanked/waterproofed before tiling or should I be looking at removing the plasterboard in the shower area and replacing it with backing board. If so, any advice and creating the join between the two, especially as the studs are unlikely to be in the right place?

Many Thanks,

Andrew

Reaction score
Thanks. That will save a lot of work. Is there a tanking system that is generally recommended or would something like this Mapei Shower Waterproofing Kit - Screwfix - https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/mapei-shower-waterproofing-kit/78484 be sufficient? I guess I would need two packs since I have three walls to cover.

Last edited:

Reply to MR Plasterboard in shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen