Search the forum,

Discuss Lithofin or Baby oil!!!!!???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all,

A couple of questions please- Got my first paying job next week to seal a 20sqm kitchen floor with a rough ceramic tile for a customer having issues with keeping it clean with her kids.
(Ok its not tiling the paladium but its a start!!!:hurray:)

I've got the name Lithofin off the forums and whilst looking for an online supplier to deliver up here, I decided to ask at our only tile shop - the lady behind the counter did stock Lithofin but suggested that BABY OIL would do just as good a job!????

Now have Lithofin misplaced all their cash in their research.........:whatchutalkingabout#

If as I suspect ...No how long would you estimate the process to take? 1/2 a day and any recommendations for online distributers?

Cheers

AK

G

grumpygrouter

Now that is an interesting thought. My own personal gut feeling is that baby oil, while giving some initial waterproofing characteristics, will do nothing more than attract and hold the dirt, fluff and other children generated detritus.

Bit slippy too methinks!

Don't think it would be something I would consider. If you try it, let us know how you get on.:grin:

Grumpy

W

wetdec

Hi all,

A couple of questions please- Got my first paying job next week to seal a 20sqm kitchen floor with a rough ceramic tile for a customer having issues with keeping it clean with her kids.
r

Not sure I'm getting this do you want to seal 20m2 of ceramic tiles with a rough/riven face ??

tiler

T

TilingLogistics

Hi all,

(Ok its not tiling the paladium but its a start!!!:hurray:)

I've got the name Lithofin off the forums and whilst looking for an online supplier to deliver up here, I decided to ask at our only tile shop - the lady behind the counter did stock Lithofin but suggested that BABY OIL would do just as good a job!????

Now have Lithofin misplaced all their cash in their research.........:whatchutalkingabout#

If as I suspect ...No how long would you estimate the process to take? 1/2 a day and any recommendations for online distributers?

Cheers

AK

I am not being funny or sexist but I think the lady behind the counter should get another job IMO. Unless she is mixing herself up with a porosity test that can be carried out with baby oil???? Please clarify if it is Ceramic or Porcelain?

Kev

Not sure I'm getting this do you want to seal 20m2 of ceramic tiles with a rough/riven face ??

tiler

Exactly that - Yes! i'll be using Lithofin I think - but just wondered what you thought of the Baby oil comment from my local tile shop...... and how long the job would take to do the job (with Lithfin not baby oil!)

AK
----
Yeah I know Kev!- I dont think I'll pass on that comment to her as shes the only supplier up here!!:lol:

Ceramic tiles - for a kitchen

AK
----
Now that is an interesting thought. My own personal gut feeling is that baby oil, while giving some initial waterproofing characteristics, will do nothing more than attract and hold the dirt, fluff and other children generated detritus.

Bit slippy too methinks!

Don't think it would be something I would consider. If you try it, let us know how you get on.:grin:

Grumpy

Yeah - I dont think turning up for a job armed with a cloth and a bottle of baby oil to a single mum would give the right impression!:lol:

Lithofin it is .........:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
E

enduro

What the hell is putting lithofin on ceramic tiles going to do, surely it wont work :huh2: . Tell her she wants a rotary scrubbing machine and a good wet vacuum that will keep it clean :thumbsup:

W

wetdec

Exactly that - Yes! i'll be using Lithofin I think - but just wondered what you thought of the Baby oil comment from my local tile shop...... and how long the job would take to do the job (with Lithfin not baby oil!)

But you cant seal Ceramic who is telling you to use lithofin on a glazed tile ?????

Baby oil dissperses and is only good for ars**

tiler

G

grumpygrouter

Maybe it is the grout he was hoping to seal?

Grumpy

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Lithofin or Baby oil!!!!!???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen