Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Limestone floor restoration in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Good morning all.

After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However....

The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about there limestone floor which covers a hallway, snug/living space and office.
It's not laid great but she looks at it as an original feature. It's grubby and could do with a clean and reseal.

Worked with stone loads but want to understand the process of how to tackle this.
The grout is also dirty (limestone colour) and I don't think I have the time to rake it all out and regrout.

So what's a good way to clean existing grout joints?
I have a polisher/variable speed grinder. What pads would you use to clean and polish the stone (grits and order of use)
Best products to reseal and enhance colour.

Thanks in advance.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
IMG20240423115948.jpg
IMG20240423115940.jpg
IMG20240423115954.jpg

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi Ali. My go to cleaner is Ltp Grimex and is pretty good on limestone when it heavily pitted like that. Ltp do another cleaner as well but not as strong as grimex. I tend to use my buffing machine work mixture in and then rinse/neutralise and clean up with a wet vac.
Thanks Dave.
I'll take a look at that tonight.
What are you using on the buffer? Cloth? Or have you got a high grit pad on there?
Any ideas on how to clean that grout up? There's a time constraint on getting this done as carpets go in tail end of next week.

I don't usually do this sort of stuff. But as I've done all the tiling here (three bathrooms, huge kitchen splashback, utility and WC) they're really wanting me to do it for them.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Thanks Dave.
I'll take a look at that tonight.
What are you using on the buffer? Cloth? Or have you got a high grit pad on there?
Any ideas on how to clean that grout up? There's a time constraint on getting this done as carpets go in tail end of next week.

I don't usually do this sort of stuff. But as I've done all the tiling here (three bathrooms, huge kitchen splashback, utility and WC) they're really wanting me to do it for them.
I use a red pad. But white work as well. Doesn’t take much to agitate and lift the much and grimex cleans grout as well. If it’s just a small floor just clean by hand. With scotch pads.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I use a red pad. But white work as well. Doesn’t take much to agitate and lift the much and grimex cleans grout as well. If it’s just a small floor just clean by hand. With scotch pads.
I think it's about 60-70sqm.
Large hallway, living room and office space.

Reply to Limestone floor restoration in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks