Search the forum,

Discuss Keraquick & Latex plus - mixing etc in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Ronski

another one is, believe it or not, get an even bigger gorilla bucket and place your mixing bucket in it, any overspill/slops goes into the big bucket and you dont inadvertently stand in it and trail it all over customers house!:thumbsup:

I use a plastic dustbin, and the bucket I use fit's exactly in the recess in the middle, controls most splashes.

DJS

TF
Reaction score
Used it for first time last week. Mixed with a drill/paddle, outside, on a dust sheet.

That said, I still like that tip about the dustbin. Stops any slop flying out that could clear the dustsheet perimiter.

Because it's rapidset, I try to mix it as fast as possible to get a few more minutes to work with it. It's that expensive you don't want to miss the working time, and waste what's leftover in your bucket!!

D

doug boardley

Used it for first time last week. Mixed with a drill/paddle, outside, on a dust sheet.

That said, I still like that tip about the dustbin. Stops any slop flying out that could clear the dustsheet perimiter.

Because it's rapidset, I try to mix it as fast as possible to get a few more minutes to work with it. It's that expensive you don't want to miss the working time, and waste what's leftover in your bucket!!
that's actually counter productive, you entrain air into the mix and it actually sets faster:thumbsup:

DJS

TF
Reaction score
I didn't know that or my brain didn't remember that bit!! But I do remember being surprised by how quick it went off. So thanks again for the reminder :thumbsup:

Your making me think it's time to invest in a proper paddle mixer, rather than something you just stick in a drill. Mine really struggle's when it comes to mixing a full bag in one go. Any suggestions on whats good, and what to steer clear of?

Anyway, gotta go...quote to do and walls to paint. Back later :smilewinkgrin:

D

doug boardley

I didn't know that or my brain didn't remember that bit!! But I do remember being surprised by how quick it went off. So thanks again for the reminder :thumbsup:

Your making me think it's time to invest in a proper paddle mixer, rather than something you just stick in a drill. Mine really struggle's when it comes to mixing a full bag in one go. Any suggestions on whats good, and what to steer clear of?

Anyway, gotta go...quote to do and walls to paint. Back later :smilewinkgrin:
another tradetiler link for you:thumbsup:
Tradetiler Tile mixer Rubimix

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
That's what I got for xmas Doug.
Really good bit of kit.

Reply to Keraquick & Latex plus - mixing etc in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen