Search the forum,

Discuss Is This Rubi Set Any Good Feedback Appreciated in the Tilers' Talk - All Other Countries area at TilersForums.com.

R

Raja

I bought this set last year and found it to be not very gud as it can only b used with a cordless or corded drills not an sds one

The main probelm i have got with the kit is that the bit flys off the drill if u go a little too fast NOT HAMMER ACTION just general speed but if u go too slow it does not cut through tiles

Has any one else got a set and encountered any probelms all feedback appreciated?

Also finally would any one recommend an easy to use hole cutting bit which like a rachet spanner can be adjusted to size if there is one available.

Rubi's full set of 7 drill cups for wall tiles. For use in electric / cordless drills. Set consists of Plastic case containing :-

Central drill spindle with changeable pilot drill
27 mm cup ( larger copper pipes and overflows)
35 mm cup ( basin waste pipes )
45 mm cup ( bath and kitchen waste pipes )
55 mm cup
65 mm cup
70 mm cup ( round electrical box lids )
85 mm cup
carbide teeth for long life ( many years )

View attachment 997

Paid £55 for it

thank u in advance Raja

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Holohana

ive got these and never had them "fly off" not sure how that would happen.

Your put you harbour/guide drill bit into the drill and then screw your required size cup onto the harbour. No way they should be flying off

R

Raja

ive got these and never had them "fly off" not sure how that would happen.

Your put you harbour/guide drill bit into the drill and then screw your required size cup onto the harbour. No way they should be flying off

will try that usually just put it in the drill altogether use a torque of around between 20 to 26 is this too much ?

B

bearwithme

raja, ive never had them fly off either. i tend to start off in short bursts. very genuinely dont mean anything by this, but was thinking maybe you could buy a cheap box of ceramics and try various techniques, might just click.:thumbsup:

R

Raja

raja, ive never had them fly off either. i tend to start off in short bursts. very genuinely dont mean anything by this, but was thinking maybe you could buy a cheap box of ceramics and try various techniques, might just click.:thumbsup:

no u r right it cuts ceramics just nothing else think they r made just for ceramics

B

bearwithme

pretty certain they are just for ceramics mate, pity they dont start with a smaller size for 15mm pipe, and a nice diamond shaped drill bit rather then a bloody masonry bit would be a bonus. still a good little kit though!!:lol:

Reply to Is This Rubi Set Any Good Feedback Appreciated in the Tilers' Talk - All Other Countries area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen