Search the forum,

Discuss Installing floor tiles under kitchen units in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I'm getting large floor tiles install in the kitchen with existing kitchen units. However, getting different comments from companies over the difficulty of installing the tiles under the existing kitchen units. It's not a problem where there are kitchen cabinet legs and a plinth hiding it as they all say they can tile right up to the legs so the different between old tiles and new tiles will not be visible. However, the challenge is at the ends where you have units like a dishwasher that are not on legs. Or when you have big vertical end panels on the end of tall units that house the fridge/oven/microwave. Another challenge is kitchen island which is freestanding but it is extremely heavy and I've been told there is risk of damaging the quartz worktop which has been stuck to the unit using small amount of adhesive.

The original tiles were installed when the property was completely empty. But the new tiles need to be installed where now kitchen units exist.

Thoughts?

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It should not be a problem for a decent tiler. tile up to the legs and the end panels
we do it all the time. you will have to remove the dishwasher and washing machine
and replace after tiling. same with the island tile up to it, its not a problem

Reply to Installing floor tiles under kitchen units in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen