Search the forum,

Discuss Impey aquadec in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

jstrats

TF
Reaction score
Looked at job yesterday, plumber has installed Impey Aquadec for customer but hasn't tanked it, i have tiled a few of these but have never had to install them, do i have to use the Aquadec sticky tanking system or can anything else be used?

Also there are gaps around the tray where it meets the wall, around 20-30mm in places, can that be filled with tile backer board strips?

Been badly installed really but i need to advise the customer how to proceed and decide whether to take the job on or not.

Thanks, Jamie.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Sounds like a nightmare, I would try and build out the walls all the way up so they meet the tray rather than using slithers of backerboard. Slithers anywhere is a recipe for disaster imo.

jstrats

TF
Reaction score
I thought that may be the case, don't really fancy this job to be honest, wish i'd seen it from the beginning, would have done things differently.

Reaction score
This is a very worrying case of a poor wetroom installation. Our technical advice line will be able to give you free advice on this matter - please call them on 01460 258 682

Reply to Impey aquadec in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen