Search the forum,

Discuss How much detail do you have on your Estimates? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Detailed description of all work to be carried out, as you always get people who try and get that little bit extra for nothing. I also put what brand of materials I am using, how long it will take and finally the price.

S

Stewart

With my quote, I always give a schedule of works detailing everything that we are going to do and charge for. By doing this I eliminate any misunderstanding between the client and I.

D

dilz000

i got told to keep it simple as possible, as people can get several quotes, and think, ohh hes cheap for walls, hes cheaper for floors ect ect. so ill get him to do that bit, and another to do that bit.

S

Scott

Mine are slightly different as they include the complete refit of the entire room. For th eitlint element of it i include the amount of metres, the size and material of tile and include that a border tile or random decor tile will be included in that price. If the material or size is unknown then i put the price is based on an average sized cermaic tile.

M

mikethetile

I put as much detail in as possible and spend hours typing up quotes only to be told im too dear and the job goes to the guy who just rang them with a figure to complete all the works, but I find that listing every part of the works from floor protection to cleaning up at the end helps me to not underprice as every operation is part of the job and chargeable, I also give them options and prrice thesse accordingly

its a lot of work but I would rather be at home than go to work and lose money, so at the moment im home a lot but still pricing and some of the proper paid work will come back to me

A

aph257

Up til now i've kept it simple, a figure for the Materials and a figure for the Labour, i will be changing this as only yesterday a client had thought my figure for the mats included his tiles! even though i had told him it would be for the addy,grout, etc.

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Individual list of materials although only one price shown. Price shown for labour but no detail of time. I find this even's out as if you finish shy of the time shown on an estimate the customer pulls you up and try's to knock you down. If you go over time then barring variations I find that you can never recover the money!

S

SandyFloor

Also a good idea to mention things you might not have priced but customer might assume you have for instance door alterations and threshold bars....some tilers do them and some don't.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i list the type of tile im fitting, all adhesive, the grout and most important the colour (stops all this i thought you were using limestone grout not grey) the m2 all door bars, trims, mastic again confirm all colours if poss, a list of tile shops where i can get them trade discount, and the price.

Reply to How much detail do you have on your Estimates? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen