Search the forum,

Discuss Granite cleaning and sealing/black and grey grouts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

BillBrum

Hello all

I have three issues, I hope you can advise me. I am no longer in contact with some contractors who did some floor and wall tiling in a kitchen and bathroom, so I cannot easily ask what products were used. I need to match two types of grout.

1 In the kitchen there are polished black granite floor tiles with a black rubber-like grout - can anyone tell me what it is called, where to get it and if it comes ready-mixed (I need a tiny amount at present).
2 In the bathroom there are grey porcelain floor and wall tiles with another grout that I know nothing about. It is grey, but not dark charcoal - maybe a light grey. Again, I would prefer ready-mixed. My problem with this one is that I have seen a couple of different brands and do not know if their shades will vary much.
3 The polished black granite floor should, I understand, be cleaned and sealed - and some products are made under the Lithofin brand. There are a range of these materials and I am not clear which ones are really needed. Some sound similar to others.

I would appreciate any help and advice anyone could give.

Many thanks.

D

DHTiling

Unless you can give us a brand name for the grouts then it will be like a needle in a haystack to say which ones..........the black rubbery one sounds like epoxy but which make......:huh2:.....this is not going to be easy..........

T

TilingLogistics

Hello all

I have three issues, I hope you can advise me. I am no longer in contact with some contractors who did some floor and wall tiling in a kitchen and bathroom, so I cannot easily ask what products were used. I need to match two types of grout.

1 In the kitchen there are polished black granite floor tiles with a black rubber-like grout - can anyone tell me what it is called, where to get it and if it comes ready-mixed (I need a tiny amount at present).
2 In the bathroom there are grey porcelain floor and wall tiles with another grout that I know nothing about. It is grey, but not dark charcoal - maybe a light grey. Again, I would prefer ready-mixed. My problem with this one is that I have seen a couple of different brands and do not know if their shades will vary much.
3 The polished black granite floor should, I understand, be cleaned and sealed - and some products are made under the Lithofin brand. There are a range of these materials and I am not clear which ones are really needed. Some sound similar to others.

I would appreciate any help and advice anyone could give.

Many thanks.

The black grout could be Mapei Ultra code 120 or possibly 114 you could go into a Mapei stockist and see if they will loan you a sample stick. The grey could be one of 4 Mapei codes 110,111,112,or 113 this is assuming the grout is Mapei or as Dave says you will be looking for a needle in a haystack. They all need to be mixed I am afraid.

Regarding the Granite I would suggest you use an Aqua Mix product called Grout Haze Clean up. Follow the directions on the bottle and it should be OK. As for sealing I reccommend Aqua Mix Ultrasolve again very easy to use just follow the directions on the bottle.:thumbsup:

Kevin

W

wetdec

Before you start splashing chemicals about and buying bags of grout may I suggest (as its quite likely you chose the tiles) you have a word with the supplier, they may know and make your quest a little easier.

Just a thought ??

tiler

Reply to Granite cleaning and sealing/black and grey grouts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen