Search the forum,

Discuss Free standing bath in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

trevb78

Evening again,

I am fitting a freestanding bath onto the tiles, as mentioned in my last post, under the adhesive is SLC, 10mm wedi, then 18mm marine ply before the joists.

Not sure if this is a tiling question, but can I simply screw the feet through the layers into the ply? Or should it be to the joists?

I have added extra supports between the joists.

Many thanks,

Trev

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

I'am not a plumber but into the 18mm plywood would be fine.
Just make sure you have solid bed fixing under the load points.

Reaction score
Not sure what make of freestanding bath you have? If its the old fashion ball and claw these don't need screwed down. The more modern ones you can screw down and with your floor prep you should be fine screwing into the ply. If its a freestanding bath that the shell goes down to the floor, I always just grip fill the feet down then silicone all around the bottom edge, to stop water getting under the bath.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If it's like mine, it don't need screwing down, can't move the bloody thing without a folklift

J

jollyroger

If it was me, I would find a way to fix it to the floor. Was called out to a job last year, major flood due to cleaner nudging the bath. The waste popped out and had to fit new ceiling below. In my opinion these free standing baths need fixed to the floor one way or another.

T

trevb78

I'll screw it into the ply I think.... I might pop a rawl plug in part way down for good measure.
Does that sound good?

Reply to Free standing bath in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen