Search the forum,

Discuss First commercial tiling job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

afright

TF
Reaction score
One hand? Definitely couldn't do it in two days ;)
I tile with one hand,lost the use of my left arm in a road accident while coming home from work in 1980 but can still average anything from 10 to 15 m2 a day it took me 2 years to get back into the job but there is very little that I can not manage, you do adapt.

Last edited:
S

Stef

I tile with one hand,lost the use of my left arm in a road accident while coming home from work in 1980 but can still average anything from 10 to 15 m2 a day it took me 2 years to get back into the job but there is very little that I can not manage, you do adapt.

You have always amazed me how you manage to tile,
God, the jobs hard enough at the best of times with 2 hands let alone 1.
I take my hat off to you..

afright

TF
Reaction score
Yer it did my brother was a tiler as well, we work together for 27 years so it did not come to hard as he would help at the beginning if I was on my own I think that I would have give in,it gets a bit hard putting up the porcs,but my right arm looks a bit like popeyes,lol.

M

Mr Tiler

And I was left handed,some customers give me funny looks but once they see my work they are fine.

I was going to ask if you do get any problems with quotes and stuff I couldn't even measure up with one hand fair play to ya mate

- - - Updated - - -

Yer it did my brother was a tiler as well, we work together for 27 years so it did not come to hard as he would help at the beginning if I was on my own I think that I would have give in,it gets a bit hard putting up the porcs,but my right arm looks a bit like popeyes,lol.

pmsl!

S

Stef

At least you were still able to work, that's the main thing.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Wow this thread has certainly gone off topic, who could have predicted how comment #1 would end up over three years later as comment #21 – Amazing, but not as amazing as Afright’s journey.

This is certainly a case for keeping threads open and alive for ever.

Afright, any chance of your journey being turned into a film? I salute you.

afright

TF
Reaction score
Wow this thread has certainly gone off topic, who could have predicted how comment #1 would end up over three years later as comment #21 – Amazing, but not as amazing as Afright’s journey.

This is certainly a case for keeping threads open and alive for ever.

Afright, any chance of your journey being turned into a film? I salute you.
I have worked for a film director she has asked if I would be willing to be filmed working,she is making a film on peoples lives in are area but I have not said yes I said that I will let her know,I tiled her editing room.

Reply to First commercial tiling job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen