Search the forum,

Discuss Dot and dabbing adhesive for foam core backerboad in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Wadedb

-
Reaction score
Hi all what adhesive would you recommend for dot and dabbing foam cored backer board onto thermal blocks before mechanically fixing through dabs. Cheers

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You need plasterboard adhesive and they need to be dotted every 300mm (12") and then mechanically fixed with drilled, plugged screws - For Aquapanel or similar cement-board.

If it's Marmox-type foam board with blue foam in it. Then you'll need to spread tile adhesive that's flexible (S2 in UK I THINK) as if you're tiling the boards to the wall. As this will give you protection against the weight. Don't dot and dab those types of boards. They're mean to be spread, on the wall, then stuck to that as if a big tile.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You can spot bond but only with boards that are 20mm or thicker and then fix through the dabs. You can use tile adhesive but not thicker than recommended depth. Otherwise as above you need to fully fix.

Reply to Dot and dabbing adhesive for foam core backerboad in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen