Search the forum,

Discuss Dont think it should be making that noise.........RIP my old van in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Just got 61 plate caddy, it's a beaut. Considered a bigger van but bigger van means I'll carry more crap and use more fuel. Caddy is great on juice and big enough to carry my clobber.

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Wish I was a pound behind you Phil. It's gonna be painful paying for it but ill get a good chunk back of the taxman and they have a good residual value so will get a good return when I renew next time. Plus it probably saves me £10 to £15 a week in fuel.

D

Deleted member 9966

Now if the Vauxhall Vivaro has the same engine as my trusty Vectra (1.9cdti, I think they're the same engine in the cars as in the vans) then you won't go wrong. My vectra ticked over 150,000 miles the other month. The only big thing I've had to do to it in 18 months is a new alternator and battery. The rest was down to wear and tear (blubs, tyres etc). Mine has got a comprehensive service history so I can see everything else that has been done. The AA man who came to rescue me when I burst a tyre in my Corsa was driving a Vivaro and he said it was by far the best van he'd ever driven. Fuel economy was great.

G

Gazzer

It is the 1.9 engines in the Vivaro, Trafic and Primastar range that were the problem. The 2.0ltr engines are fine.

D

Deleted member 9966

Fair enough. I'm just saying I've never had a problem with my diesel engine that appears to be the same engine in the Vivaro.

G

Gazzer

It would be a different Gearbox on the vans though and thats where most issue are concerned .

D

Deleted member 9966

Well gearboxes are a different matter entirely. I was talking about the engine. I won't bother commenting again. Buy a VW Phil.

Reply to Dont think it should be making that noise.........RIP my old van in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen