Search the forum,

Discuss Domestic Bathroom Tanking in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello

I purchased new bathroom supply installation from B&Q they pointed a contractor he told me when the plumber and tiler would turn up.
floor not sealed and the joints ceiling and wall not sealed, floor and plasterboard . No cement board (waterproof moisture resistant)wet walls not tanked fitted

Have I a case to go to court again B&Q had a barrister at court fees £3K Legal costs

Attachments

• Northwest Joinery why do you install bathrooms.[39].pdf
    140 KB · Views: 16
  • Marine Ply joints not sealed.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0241[41].jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Plaster Board wall loose plaster.jpg
    597 KB · Views: 21
  • Shower corner plaster board wall.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Shower corner plaster board wall.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 22
  • This wall the bath was against never beenj pained in 45 years.jpg
    454.1 KB · Views: 21

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to court again? so you've already been regarding this?

I think B&Q like most retailers, they wont "recommend" a tradesman but they have some business cards and it's up to you to do your own research to find the right bathroom fitter. Sort of thing.

Did they actually recommend this company to you?

Reaction score
Hello Dan

thank you for reply yes they tell you that a contractor will phone you regarding job then he brings all the other contractors. I asked B&Q do you audit contractors no reply did not think I would get one.

Reply to Domestic Bathroom Tanking in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen