Search the forum,

Discuss Do any tilers where hand protection? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Chris Alderton

I always wear gloves when tiling and grouting. Compared to my other tiling mates, my hands are in great condition. i also find the gloves help to grip the tiles when positioning them if they are a bit wet.
I use a "Polyco Matrix F" like the ones on the link below:
Matrix F Grip? Gloves=
although there are other pairs available.

They make life a lot easier and cleaning my hands is certainly a lot easier at the end of the day.

D

doug boardley

I never wear gloves, but sometimes when I feel a split/kin/heck coming I use a hemp barrier cream from Body Shop, superb stuff imo.

T

The hammer

I wear latex gloves all day when tiling, had "contact dermatitis" a good few years ago & that is very itchy, annoying, sore

I

Ian

I like to wear latex all day, I do get some odd looks from customers on the first day but they soon get used to it :lol:

S

Stewart

Only wear gloves when using black grout. I use loads of the hemp moisturiser though and never have any problems....

Created on iPhone.....

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i pinged my latex gloves on once, and the customer had a look of horror on his face, till i told him he didn't have to bend over..:lol:

Reply to Do any tilers where hand protection? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen