Search the forum,

Discuss Brick Bond (Metro) advice in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Z

Zub

Actually, thinking about it, the window sill will be 8mm/10mm instead of 9mm/9mm

I'll chop off the bevel where the trim meets bevel, and then have a full tile touching the window. 8/10 would then reflect all the way on the inside of the the window frame. Does that make sense?

Z

Zub

I would put a window board in there and paint it personally. I think metros look terrible on a flat surface, only my opinion though

Thanks - I didn't even think of that.. just laid out a few on the sill and can see what you mean.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Here's one I did earlier, someone else had tiled, but the customer got me in to remove quadrant trim and tiled sill and fit new 'L' trim and window board.

metrosill.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Reply to Brick Bond (Metro) advice in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen