Search the forum,

Discuss 1250 slide cutter or flash line system cutter in the Tiling Tools > Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, as tiles are getting bigger and bigger I'm looking for a new cutter. Now my question is, would it be better to buy a 1250mm montolit slide cutter or would I be best off buying the flash line system for up to large format of 3.4 meters? I just don't know how efficient that would be compared to the conventional slide cutter. Thanks

Andrew Owens

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I was looking into the Flash line system but I wasn't sure about the breaking ability of tiles over 10mm, that being said I'm having trouble cutting 1200x600 10mm tiles lengthways on my Sigma 1280 due to them being so strong and brittle! I had to cut them with my Rubi TC 125 hand held wet saw.

Reply to 1250 slide cutter or flash line system cutter in the Tiling Tools > Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen